24 Oct 2017
Our Commitment to You
The experienced property management team at Professionals Victoria Park is committed to providing you with the highest level of property management services available. As your personal property management team, you can count on us to treat your property as if it were our own, assist you to maximise your profits and safeguard your valuable real estate assets.
Dean Nicolo – Principal Professional Victoria Park
Why Choose Us?
Maximum Returns + Minimum Stress = A Profitable Investment
At Professionals Victoria Park, we believe the key to the successful management of your investment portfolio is to provide maximum returns with minimum stress for you the owner.
We do this by:
- Working hard on your behalf to ensure your property has low vacancy rates and your rents are paid in full and on time. In addition to this we safeguard your rental returns via consistent and systematic rent reviews and local market yield assessments.
- Utilising modern systems and innovative management practices, our team of specialists have all the information required at their fingertips to efficiently manage and protect your valuable assets.
- Following our proven program we can help remove all the stress and hassles of property management so you can relax and reap the financial rewards. Our extensive track record and testimonials from our happy clients demonstrate you can expect excellence from the team at Professionals Victoria Park.
What You’ll Receive:
As dedicated property management professionals, you can count on us to:
- Care about your investment property and treat your valuable asset as if it were our own.
- Provide friendly, efficient and expert service, advice and support in all our dealings with you.
- Assist you to gain the maximum rental return on your property by attracting the right tenants, ensuring a smooth leasing process, maintaining long term lease agreements and minimising vacancies.
- Keep you up to date and proactively communicate with you regarding market conditions, improving rental yields and all matters relating to your property.
- Keep abreast of all legislative changes and industry innovations in regards to best practice in the property management field.
- Provide accurate and up to date accounting and financial records for your property via our advanced account management systems.
- Use our market knowledge, industry expertise and high impact marketing strategies to deliver a seamless and professional property management experience at all times.
Who Are We? – A Track Record You Can Count On
- Over $200 million in property assets currently under management.
- Providing a boutique agency service with 300+ satisfied clients.
- A team of local area specialists managing your property with over 54 years’ combined industry experience.
- Attracting in excess of 300 new inward bound tenant enquiries each month via our office and marketing network.
- High impact marketing systems using multiple online sites and conventional marketing resources which get results fast.
- Innovative owner education and support materials, including our e-newsletters online and hard copy resources to keep you up to date and informed.
Meet Your Team
As a vibrant and expanding office you can rest assured a member of our specialist property management team is only ever a phone call away. Please feel free to contact us if you require assistance or have any questions.
Dean Nicolo – Director and Licensee
With over 25 years’ hands on industry experience, Dean Nicolo is a real estate professional.
As the principal and founding director of Professionals Victoria Park office in 1999, Dean has earned his reputation as a local area specialist. In addition to this he is qualified as a Licensed Valuer and has extensive experience and a broad understanding of all aspects of the real estate arena. From residential and commercial leasing to residential property, land and commercial sales to real estate administration, Dean’s reliability, integrity and outstanding people skills have become his personal trade mark. And it is these foundational qualities which are reflected within his business at Professionals Victoria Park and in all his interactions with his clients.
Liz Simpson – Director and Administrator
As a qualified licenced property manager with over 20 years’ experience, Liz is a seasoned professional in her field.
In addition to her broad range of expertise in the area of residential property management, her experience also extends to commercial property management and administration. With a commitment to ensuring her clients’ investment properties are well looked after and maintained, Liz strives to consistently provide them with the best possible service.
Karen Stead – Property Manager
Karen has been a property management professional for over 10 years.
As a specialist in the area of leasing, inspections and property management reports she is recognised for her high attention to detail and the calm, common sense approach she brings to all aspects of her work. As a skilled property manager, Karen demonstrates the ability to build solid working relationships with owners and tenants alike and provides her clients with consistently high levels of service and support. It is Karen’s expertise and input which make her such a key member of our talented property management team.
Annemarie Dunstan – Property Manager
Over 15 years’ experience in customer service, Annemarie is a huge asset to the Professionals Victoria Park team.
After starting with Professionals Victoria Park in an administrative role, Annemarie has risen to be an honest and hardworking property manager. Sharp analytical skills and a can do attitude, no challenge is too big for Annemarie to conquer. Annemarie’s strengths are her natural ability to work in a team environment and focus on the tasks in front of her. It is Annemarie’s friendly and approachable manner that makes her a pleasure to talk to.
Mallory Dehnel – Property Manager
With a bubbly personality, Mallory is a natural at property management.
Mallory is a natural at property management. She began in an administrative role before spending 6 months working as an assistant property manager, learning the role first hand from an experienced team here at Professionals Victoria Park. A quick learner and a natural flare for property management, Mallory soon elevated to be our newest property manager, proving she is capable of achieving anything she sets her mind to.
Our Proven 4 Step Plan to Adding Value to Your Investment Property
At Professionals Victoria Park we believe in keeping things simple. So we have created a proven, easy to follow 4 Step Plan for adding value to your property portfolio and to keep you informed and up to date.
- Accelerated Leasing: We accelerate the leasing of your investment property via our high impact marketing to avoid vacancies and “down time” so your asset generates you consistent income.
- Selecting the Right Tenant: We attract and select the right tenant for your property via our extensive and detailed screening process and reference checks. Once the right tenant is identified we aim to secure solid, long term lease agreements.
- Proactive Communication: We provide you with proactive communication through our routine inspection reports, informative regular e-newsletters and direct phone contact, should the need arise.
- Financial Reporting: We deliver monthly rental statements and financial reports and offer a detailed annual income and expenditure report for your property.
Let us explain how this proven 4 Step Plan can work for you….
Accelerating the Leasing of Your Investment Property
- Your property will be listed as available for rent with the major real estate websites including www.reiwa.com, www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au, as well as our own Professionals Victoria Park site. This means your property immediately gains maximum exposure to the market and is officially “open for inspection” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for potential tenants searching for their new home in the online environment.
- Your property will be displayed for rent in the window of our high profile East Victoria Park office to ensure it is visible 24/7 to the large numbers of passers-by along the busy Albany Highway café strip.
- We will hand out professionally designed hardcopy information materials about your property to the large number of prospective tenants who visit our office every day.
- We will show prospective tenants your property via our new lease inspection appointments and can be flexible with time both over the weekend and during business hours, so prospective tenants are given every opportunity to view your property for lease.
Selecting the Right Tenant for Your Investment Property
- Initially we will conduct a thorough screening process of all prospective tenants via the National Tenancy Database.
- We will complete employment checks and income verification.
- We will comprehensively follow up and verify prospective tenant references.
- We will investigate the past rental history of a potential tenant.
- If required, we will offer you the opportunity to meet with suitably screened tenant candidates.
- Once all of this information is gathered on the prospective tenants, we will provide you with our recommendations and the relevant information to assist you in making the final decision.
Providing You With Proactive Communication Throughout the Management Process
- It is our driving aim to keep you well informed on all aspects of your property, which includes providing you with our regular owners’ newsletter which keeps you up to date with topics of interest and current issues.
- We will advise you of all maintenance required at your property and will follow your specific instructions regarding how you would like us to proceed.
- With our high attention to detail you can rest assured that our tenancy agreements, property condition reports and other documentation is 100% accurate and thorough.
- We use up to date and highly effective systems to ensure tenants pay their rent on time, employing multiple methods of communication to remain in contact with tenants. These include sending breach notices, letters, faxes, emails, phone calls, SMS text messages and personal visits to your property, if required.
- Rent reviews are conducted every year on all properties under management with our agency and we conduct rental negotiations on your behalf.
Delivering Accurate Financial Reports and Accounts
- You will receive regular and easy to read rental statements on the last working day of each month direct to your home or office email address.
- Your rental funds will be directly deposited into your nominated bank account on the last working day of each month too.
- You will be provided with a copy of all invoices paid on your behalf in regards to the management of your property.
- At the end of each financial year we can also provide you with a detailed income and expenditure report for your property for use with your accountant.
Our Service Fees Explained
- Letting Fee – A letting fee is charged for each new tenancy and this is calculated as one and a half week’s rent + GST. For example: For a property with a weekly rental of $400.00 the letting fee would be as follows – Weekly Rent @ $400.00 x 1.5 = $600.00 + GST
- Online Advertising – As already mentioned, your property will be listed as available for rent with the major real estate websites including www. reiwa.com, www.realestate.com.au and www. domain.com.au, as well as our own Professionals Victoria Park site. The cost for this service is $90.00 including GST. Your online marketing includes professional photos and a custom written description, highlighting your property’s unique features and the key facilities on offer.
- Additional Marketing – To support your online advertising we also offer the conventional marketing mediums of high visibility display in our “for rent” section in the window of our busy East Victoria Park office to ensure your property is visible 24/7 to the large numbers of passers-by along the popular Albany Highway café strip plus professionally designed hardcopy information brochures which are made available to the large number of prospective tenants who visit our office every day. No charge.
- Property Condition Report/Final Bond Inspections/Inventories – These key services act as vital safeguards for ensuring your property is returned to you in at least the same, if not better condition as when you first made it available for rent. Therefore we prepare an extensive and detailed property profile, which is best explained as a combination of a written and visual/ photographic record of your property detailing everything from the ceiling paintwork to a structural crack in a floor tile. This report is understandably labour intensive to record, transcribe and print. Fees for these specialised services are as follows: property condition report = $120.00, final bond inspection report= $120.00, inventory report (for furnished properties only) = $100.00.
- Management Fee – Our management fee covers the following services: Collection of all rent and monies from the tenant, paying owners’ insurances, council rates, water rates, renewal of existing leases, dealing with property maintenance issues, rental appraisals and court attendances if ever required. Management fee = 8.5% including GST.
- Inspections – The first inspection of your property is carried out approximately 6 weeks after the new tenant takes possession of the rental premises. We do this to ensure everything is in order and they are settling in well to the property. Thereafter, inspections are held at regular 3 month intervals and charged at a set rate of $50.00 including GST per inspection. Subsequently we will email you the inspection report, including photos, to indicate the condition of the property and to notify you of any maintenance required. In addition to this we will also inform the tenant if there are any issues they need to attend to.
- Postage and Petties – This covers all letters, breach notices, postage, faxes, phone calls and bank fees and is charged at a set fee of $7.70 inc GST per month.
- Ancillary Services – We offer the service of a once yearly inspection of smoke alarms and residual current devices (RCD’s) at $97.50 inc GST with the added benefit that should any alarm or part thereof require repair or replacement, we will arrange a service professional to deal with this immediately so you avoid additional call out fees.
- Other services – Annual financial summaries, lease renewals, rent reviews and court representation are all covered by our management fee.
Important Information for the Owner:
- Presentation – To achieve the maximum rental returns possible, it is important to present your property in a state of cleanliness and good repair. In addition to this, the premises must comply with all requirements in respect to health, building and safety laws.
- Insurances – Under the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreement, landlords are obliged to have adequate building replacement insurance for their property. To ensure this, we require a Certificate of Currency confirming insurance is in place and current at the commencement of the management of your property. Separate insurance to cover the property’s fixtures and fittings, including floor coverings, light fittings, curtains, gas and electrical appliances and other fixtures should also be considered.
- Landlord Protection Policy – In addition to general insurances, we highly recommend owners obtain a Landlord Protection Policy to protect your property and income from loss of rent caused by your tenant leaving suddenly, malicious damage or other loss caused by your tenant. This policy also covers legal liability and property contents damaged or stolen by your tenant. We can offer you a Landlord Protection Policy through EBM Insurance at a competitive rate and you can rest assured EBM is widely recognised and used by the real estate industry throughout Australia.
- Garden Care/Reticulation – If your property is reticulated, this should be in good working order and a user guide should be made available to the tenants. If there is no reticulation, we recommend that equipment such as hoses and sprinklers, are provided to encourage the tenant to maintain the gardens. Please note, tenants are required to maintain lawns and gardens in a condition comparable to those existing at the commencement of the tenancy under the terms of their lease.
- Periodic Maintenance – From experience, we highly recommend that landlords have a periodic maintenance schedule in place on their property. This includes attending to items such as pruning of trees and bushes, clearing of gutters, checks on air-conditioning units, reticulation, pool filters, structures such as sheds and outdoor entertaining areas etc. We can assist you with establishing this schedule and will attend to any arrangements as per your instructions.
- Smoke Alarms and RCD’s – It is a legal requirement to have all rental properties fitted with 2 RCDs and appropriate smoke alarms and we require all new clients to provide an electrical compliance certificate in this regard. Maintenance of smoke alarms is also a legal requirement for owners and we recommend they are checked on an annual basis.
- Requests for Maintenance on Your Property – Any maintenance requested by the tenant must be provided to our company in writing and requires the owner’s approval to proceed. In the rare instance an emergency repair is required; we will always attempt to contact the owner first. However, if we can’t contact you and the issue is a bona fide emergency, under the Residential Tenancy Act we are required to rectify the issue at the owner’s expense.
- Online Access – We also provide our landlords with immediate online access to details about their property via our website using their own unique login facility. This facility enables owners to access information on the status of their property 24/7 including the current payments of rent by tenants, past rental statements, online inspection reports and ingoing and outgoing property condition reports. Our tenants can also access information on when their rent is paid up until, for their convenience from our website too, using their own personal access code.
Just wanted to write and express my gratitude to you and your colleagues for the successful management of my property whilst I was overseas. It was great to come back to my home finding it in great condition after renting out to tenants for an entire year. I must say the whole rental process is a credit to all at Professionals Victoria Park from the initial finding of suitable tenants to ongoing regular inspections which put my mind at ease whilst living so far apart. Your monthly emailed reports, regular inspections and quick responses to the needs of both the owner and tenants all add up to a happy experience and I would have no hesitation in recommending your services to others that might have similar requirements in the future. Thank you again for your dedication to doing a fantastic job of caring about someone else’s property.
Please pass on my sincere thanks to all Professionals Victoria Park.
Yours Sincerely, Rebecca Hill
I Sandra-Amelia Pagalia, have been a client of Professionals Victoria Park for a period of 7 years. During this time, they have managed my three properties. Throughout these 7 years, I have found them to have provided me with a very high professionalism of care within their duties as both in Real Estate and specifically in my area of concern as my property managers.
I would strongly recommend them to anyone who needs a Real Estate or Property Manager, as I am truly very happy to have chosen them to act on my behalf. When it comes to Real Estate, they are excellent. I can always rely on them to deal with all my matters promptly and professionally. I wish them all the best, in hoping that they keep growing and expanding in this rewarding area.
Yours Faithfully, Sandra-Amelia Pagalia
Dean Nicolo & his team at Professionals have been a great help to our family. Firstly, with the purchase of our home, then with management of our investment property. Our business relationship commenced in 2006 and to this day we are thankful for the service we have received. We are happy to recommend Professionals, VictoriaPark.
JA & TM McAullay